Monstalining A Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Monstalining A Bumper

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Monstalining A Bumper

Hey all,

I am getting my C4x4 bumper soon (shipped yesterday!) and I ordered it raw steel so I could paint it how I wanted. Originally, I was going to rattle can it for easy touch ups later, but ultimately decided on Monsta. I have used Raptor in the past (and liked it), but I chose to go with Monsta this round because of all the great things Ive heard here.

Anyway, since I am spraying it, I presume you thin it with MEK (as seen being done on YouTube by Eric) at a 1:16 ratio (I have a quart, so 2oz). Do I need to prime the bumper since it's raw steel to get Monsta to stick? When I did raptor, I just took off the clear coat, but the jeep was not raw metal.

Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.