Monstaliner Jeep floor kit? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Monstaliner Jeep floor kit?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #46
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

2006 LJ interior.

Could you do the first coat white, then the second coat that 'transparent tar heel'? Might make for an interesting effect

Unread 09-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #47
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanav8r View Post
2006 LJ interior.

Could you do the first coat white, then the second coat that 'transparent tar heel'? Might make for an interesting effect
It might but it's unpredictable

What I was asking is if you get an 8oz can of white (treats 1 gallon) and a 2oz bottle of Light Quartz Gray + 2oz Tarheel you can mess around and perhaps come up with something like you describe
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #48
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
It might but it's unpredictable

What I was asking is if you get an 8oz can of white (treats 1 gallon) and a 2oz bottle of Light Quartz Gray + 2oz Tarheel you can mess around and perhaps come up with something like you describe
I like the idea. From what I've read, a gallon kit should should just barely be enough, so I'm thinking 1 gal + 1 qt + 8oz white, 2oz tarheel, 2oz light quartz.

Or should I get 1 gal + 2 quarts + the 3 colors? to be sure I have enough?

I will have to figure a good way to mix 1.25 gallons in a 1 gallon can though... I'm assuming I can't mix in plastic paint buckets right? (if there's any heat from the catalyst rx, that may be bad). Grainger has a 5 gal steel paint bucket with top for $25
Texanav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #49
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Got back home and just ordered a gallon with white and a quart with blue, opted out of the gray as a very light Tarheel is exactly what I'm looking for

Thanks for the paint chips a week or two ago! Totally sealed the deal for you guys.

Hoping Denver weather stays in my favor over the next 2 weeks.
Texanav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #50
Beaveranger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPARTSDUDE View Post
Now if I could just stop thinking of ways to spend money on my Jeep.
Never gonna happen! I have thought I was done multiple times. There's always something else to spend $ on.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

~Ron Swanson~
Beaveranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #51
whiteriver17
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys came across this topic... Just wondering what is monsaliner? what is it good for?
I was told to remove my carpet from my Jeep because water can get under and then rust out floor panels etc. So the other day I spent the day taking the carpet out and cleaning everything, any water that was found (took the plugs out too). I was thinking about taking it to a custom shop to get rubber mats made to fit so water cant get through. Just curious what this stuff is... and any idea's on how to control water ?
whiteriver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #52
TexasJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I Monstalined my Wrangler over the summer and it is doing fantastic. I had enough to lay two thick coats and 3-4 coats on areas that were going to be under a lot of stress (trunk, feet area for driver and passenger) That stuff is like tar and wont need a perfect prep to lay it on. In the tiny areas that are hard to get, my main goal was just to get it black, no texture, since nobody is going to look there anyways.
TexasJeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #53
TexasJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteriver17 View Post
Hey guys came across this topic... Just wondering what is monsaliner? what is it good for?
I was told to remove my carpet from my Jeep because water can get under and then rust out floor panels etc. So the other day I spent the day taking the carpet out and cleaning everything, any water that was found (took the plugs out too). I was thinking about taking it to a custom shop to get rubber mats made to fit so water cant get through. Just curious what this stuff is... and any idea's on how to control water ?
Monstaliner is a roller on bed liner. Its like a truck bed liner. It protects from dents, scratches, and this stuff is 100% UV permanent, so they say. It doesnt absorb water and is super easy to clean. I threw away my old carpet and put this stuff in, doing good with it so far.
Unread 10-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #54
whiteriver17
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So I should consider covering my interior with this product instead of putting down new carpt, or rubber mats? Just looking for opinons.
whiteriver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #55
Beaveranger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

....or in addition to. Up to you.

~Ron Swanson~
Beaveranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #56
Loadsmasher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I ditched carpet for monsta and haven't looked back. Much lower maintenance, much more durable, and doesn't hold water should the Heep get doused somehow. Carpet was hiding water that sat on the floorboards that rusted around the drain holes. Now, not so much. I wouldn't call it quieter and you'll notice a little more heat by the transmission and exhaust but those cons greatly outweigh the pros for me.
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #57
TexasJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteriver17 View Post
So I should consider covering my interior with this product instead of putting down new carpt, or rubber mats? Just looking for opinons.
I layed it down really thick where my feet were going to be so that it wouldnt get hot, but you can still feel the heat. So I just bought two rubber mats and placed them over the monstaliner. Theyre easier to take out than carpet, and easier to clean than carpet. Carpet and open jeeps dont go together
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #58
TexasJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Two mats as in one for my side and one for the passenger side

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.