Monstaliner Jeep floor kit? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Monstaliner Jeep floor kit?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #31
HDPARTSDUDE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm really hoping to get the liner on tomorrow. Paint is all scuffed, bare spots are primed. Got the broken off rear seat bolt out. All that's left is to MEK and coat. The MEK doesn't take long to dry does it? I've used a little of it on spots and it seems to evaporate pretty fast.

HDPARTSDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #32
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPARTSDUDE View Post
I'm really hoping to get the liner on tomorrow. Paint is all scuffed, bare spots are primed. Got the broken off rear seat bolt out. All that's left is to MEK and coat. The MEK doesn't take long to dry does it? I've used a little of it on spots and it seems to evaporate pretty fast.
It's gone in a minute
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #33
HDPARTSDUDE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

image-309552763.jpg

image-2758165025.jpg
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #34
HDPARTSDUDE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

image-1882613960.jpg
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #35
325INFREGT
1976 CJ7 

Can you use a gun to spray monstaliner? If so, do you need a gravity feed gun? Any other details I'd need to know going this route?
325INFREGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325INFREGT View Post
Can you use a gun to spray monstaliner? If so, do you need a gravity feed gun? Any other details I'd need to know going this route?
Regular spray guns will not spray this. Need a very large orifice.
Undercoat guns are used like these

Unread 09-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #37
325INFREGT
1976 CJ7 

Yup. Sorry I posted before checking out the website. I saw on there that they offer the guns as well. Which package should I get. Is it worth it to spray vs. roll? Seems like it'd be easier to spray it. I'm interested in thickness. I think I'd like to do 4 coats of spray, and definitely do the chassis protectant.
325INFREGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #38
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Job! I just finished mine as well: I used a different product, but it came out very nice. I *do* like the Monsta color options though...I did not make any effort to cover/fill any of the holes with tape or ear plugs or whatever. Had no problem putting any of the bolts back in. I kept the drain plug covers out and put them back in when done: I think they look good without the liner all over them....Again: Nice Job! Congrats on handling it DIY instead of paying too much for some overrated spray type stuff!

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #39
HDPARTSDUDE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailboss
Nice Job! I just finished mine as well: I used a different product, but it came out very nice. I *do* like the Monsta color options though...I did not make any effort to cover/fill any of the holes with tape or ear plugs or whatever. Had no problem putting any of the bolts back in. I kept the drain plug covers out and put them back in when done: I think they look good without the liner all over them....Again: Nice Job! Congrats on handling it DIY instead of paying too much for some overrated spray type stuff!
Thank you! I'm so happy with the results. It was a ton of work but worth every minute! Now if I could just stop thinking of ways to spend money on my Jeep.
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #40
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey Magnetman, Is there a way to keep the texture to a minimum? Not glossy smooth, but less than typical bedliners that you see?
Texanav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #41
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanav8r View Post
Hey Magnetman, Is there a way to keep the texture to a minimum? Not glossy smooth, but less than typical bedliners that you see?
See this thread, Post #s 414 / 415

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/m...riors-1376308/
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #42
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
That's exactly what I was looking for!

Also, I see you're coming out with a 'nuclear winter' color... would this by chance bee an off-white leaning toward blue / gray?

If so, I think I know what I'm going to do Will PM for color chip info.
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #43
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That's exactly what I was looking for!

Also, I see you're coming out with a 'nuclear winter' color... would this by chance bee an off-white leaning toward blue / gray?

If so, I think I know what I'm going to do Will PM for color chip info.

It will be an off white but I'm not quite sure yet what cast. Not bluish.. slightly grayed, maybe with a touch of brown or yellow
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #44
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
It will be an off white but I'm not quite sure yet what cast. Not bluish.. slightly grayed, maybe with a touch of brown or yellow
So what I'm really looking for is a slightly off-white, blueish / gray, ice color.

Is it possible to add only half of the color additive to subdue the tarheel a bit? Maybe add 1/2 tarheel and 1/4 light quartz? Or will the changed additive jack with the epoxy chemistry?
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #45
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
So what I'm really looking for is a slightly off-white, blueish / gray, ice color.

Is it possible to add only half of the color additive to subdue the tarheel a bit? Maybe add 1/2 tarheel and 1/4 light quartz? Or will the changed additive jack with the epoxy chemistry?
I/2 the Tarheel will just make transparent Tarheel and you'll need many coats and wind up with full Tarheel

How much liner is needed for the project?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.