Maaco Price? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Maaco Price?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Gear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 04-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Cisco93jeepYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Maaco Price?

What does Maaco charge for their basic paint job for a Wrangler, i.e. without door jams? I'm in the San Francisco area.

Unread 04-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

I looked at them last year here in Texas and there cheapest was $800. I looked at some they were just finishing with the same paint job and it sucked. Im doing the Roll on paint job this month and can make it look better than macco for $100 total
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Cisco93jeepYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Viencent, try checking out some other Maacos if you have others nearby. I've heard it varies a lot from place to place.
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
GlobexMike

Ouch in NJ we get them done for 400 for the middle of the line job.
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
CowboyT2
1983 CJ7 

I've seen a Maaco job and it's not worth the cost. I did my own using the dupli color system. 2 quarts of primer, 6 quarts of color, 1 quart of metallic flake and 2 quarts of clear, lots of tarps, a gravity gun from harbor freight and my 30 gallon air compressor, I have a really good paint job that I proudly say I did.
CowboyT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyT2 View Post
I've seen a Maaco job and it's not worth the cost. I did my own using the dupli color system. 2 quarts of primer, 6 quarts of color, 1 quart of metallic flake and 2 quarts of clear, lots of tarps, a gravity gun from harbor freight and my 30 gallon air compressor, I have a really good paint job that I proudly say I did.
^ This

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i heard a rumor that maaco has telephones.
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
bluebully
2003 TJ Wrangler 

does the duplicolor paint system give a decent finish.....im thinking of painting my 03 rubicon in the ww2 spitfire camo patern of green and silver?grey any thoughts?
bluebully is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
CowboyT2
1983 CJ7 

If you have a big enough air compressor its great, my compressor (and lighting conditions) were underpowered so I have quite a few shadows when you get up close to it. Overall I'm happy with the results, just buy a extra quart or two of color. You can always return what you don't use but it's a pain to stop and get more when you need it.
2011-04-21_17-26-43_387.jpg  
CowboyT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
srdart67
2002 WJ 

Every maaco paint job I have ever seen is terrible. for what they charge you can go buy all the materials and tools you need and have all the more knowledge and experience in the end.
srdart67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
Selafane
2012 JK Wrangler 

Deleted
Selafane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #12
ksquier89
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Maacos are individually owned franchises. Sorry for the shotty service elsewhere. And you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a quality paintjob you can buy it, if you are looking for charming a cheap that is also available. Also, remember that 95% of the finished product comes for preperation work before the paint application. If you dont fix bumps and cracks it will look like shiite. But if you are ever in Maryland let me know I will hook a brotha up.

BTW we dont all use the same paint and materials. I can attest to using mostly 3M products and PPG paint.
Unread 06-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #13
ZJ_flexxxer
1994 ZJ 

i wouldn't let maaco paint a radio flyer wagon. they're paint jobs are hideous, probably because they buy cheap *** paint that they buy in bulk that comes in 55 gallon drums(and do **** like mixing blue and yellow to make green). lol from what i've seen of their work they can't even tape off a vehicle much less paint one

94 ZJ Laredo--lifted 4.5", rocker rails, front end/t-case/gas tank skids, tube doors, wj knuckle/brake swap, soft 8's, 32x10.50 tsl's [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-la-re-do-rebuild-thread-1212129/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
87 MJ Comanche--zj d44 rear w/ disc brakes, wj knuckles/brakes w/ drilled & slotted rotors,6" lift in progress [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f53/zj_flexxxers-manche-build-1349142/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
90 XJ Laredo--D.D., satin black paint job, 15" ecco's, the redheaded step child of my jeeps
87 XJ Wagoneer--R.I.P. =(

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/DirtHicksVideos"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][U][SIZE="5"]SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/SIZE][/U][/FONT][/COLOR][/URL]
ZJ_flexxxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #14
jeffd34
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just got a quote for around $700 for the basic paint job from my local Maaco. The paint itself was around $200 bucks, the rest was all prep work, such as sanding the hood, cowl, and windshield. I've decided not to do it.
jeffd34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #15
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

My mazda has a Maaco paint job, Only ran $600 its holding up great after 3 years . The painter was good, and the prep was done properly

The white spots in the body line of the bumper is wax residue, and one spot was rubbed off my where the license plate used to sit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.