krylon fusion Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > krylon fusion Q's

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
T4STE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

krylon fusion Q's

im planning on painting my dad's engine cover with krylon fusion since its plastic. does anybody know how well it will hold up to the engine bay heat? i also plan on clearcoating it ofcourse. any input on this is much appreciated. thanks

my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...thread-634491/
T4STE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
XJ1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4STE View Post
im planning on painting my dad's engine cover with krylon fusion since its plastic. does anybody know how well it will hold up to the engine bay heat? i also plan on clearcoating it ofcourse. any input on this is much appreciated. thanks
That's a tough one. I used Krylon Fusion on the fender flares and with it being parked outside, I've had to re-apply about every 8-12 months. That's black paint under the sun glare. You might be better off with a glossy engine type paint, but who knows if that would stick to plastic. Anyone else have an idea on this??
XJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
soul_Less
1994 ZJ 

i would feel kind of iffy on using the paint on the engine cover.
like it was said above, i would get some high temp paint.
id also prep the cover before paint too (wash, scuff etc..)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.