Interior Color Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Interior Color Advice

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Interior Color Advice

Hey All,

Need some advice in case anyone has seen this or has better imagination than me. I have an 06 LJ, white inside and out.

I'm in the process of pulling up all the interior paint and rust and am going to do a bedliner on the inside. Curious if anyone has done a red interior over a white shell. Too gaudy? White on White just seems a bit plain, and I definitely dont want black or gray.

Anyway, just curious what y'all think about a red interior.

Texanav8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
COMike93YJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hi Av8r,

Looks like I am just down the road from ya!

I personally wouldn't like the red interior myself but that is my opinion. Your opinion is what really matters!!!

Would you be doing the entire inside Red or would it just be the bedliner.

I am doing my bedliner here in a few days (been pulling all nighters on the prep work for my 93 YJ now) and went with Raptor Liner from U-Pol. I was also considering doing the whole jeep with it but now am looking at trying to paint my jeep on my own.

Raptor liner can be any color that you like with the tintable version. National Coating Supply in Denver is one of the suppliers of it. I called U-Pol and the Regional manager had me give them a call (they were out at the time so I got it from Amazon). Maybe you could go with Green....like a forest/evergreen type color. I have a black jeep (black on black) but now that I am considering painting myself I might have another color for the exterior. I kind of like the Dark Deep Blue that some folks have used.

Mike
COMike93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey Mike,

I was actually talking to the Monstaliner guys on another thread, and I think you're right, while I love red, it might be a bit much under the white exterior. I'm doing prep work on mine right now, and have asked about an off-white / ice blue color, and whether that can be achieved by mixing the Monsta Tarheel at half strength mixed with a little quartz gray as well. We'll see what they say.

If you need a hand, let me know - always interested in meeting new Jeep folks out here.
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Zone

Not a Jeep, but maybe this helps....

Zone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Zone, that looks AWESOME! I may be back to red after all Glad I have a few days to make that decision!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.