If i sand bedliner would it effect the appearance? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > If i sand bedliner would it effect the appearance?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
austinphe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If i sand bedliner would it effect the appearance?

I just bought some dupli-color bed liner, and noticed that it had a sticker with a sample of the bed liner on it and it was pretty rough. i just wanted to know if i could sand certain spots of the jeep (wheel wells) so it wouldn't be so rough. or would i be better off ordering a better quality bed liner online? are the higher quality bedliners smoother? any help is appreciated!

austinphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinphe View Post
I just bought some dupli-color bed liner, and noticed that it had a sticker with a sample of the bed liner on it and it was pretty rough. i just wanted to know if i could sand certain spots of the jeep (wheel wells) so it wouldn't be so rough. or would i be better off ordering a better quality bed liner online? are the higher quality bedliners smoother? any help is appreciated!
Did you apply the liner already? If you sand it after applied it will look bad and not match the rest of what you lined. Sanding will turn it whitish
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
austinphe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I haven't applied it yet, what is monstaliners texture comparable to? And do u know if they have any dealers in Canada?
austinphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinphe View Post
I haven't applied it yet, what is monstaliners texture comparable to? And do u know if they have any dealers in Canada?
ML is bumpy, not rough and very easy to clean. No dealers.. we ship direct into CN with UPS ground. Spice below is rolled

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
LV2DRFT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

X2 sanding will make it white and it will also remove the texture. You can always try to sand it down consistently then spray paint something over it. Problem is that duplicolor bedliner is terrible. It will become spongy when you sand it.

If you haven't invested too much yet, or haven't sprayed it yet, return it and get rustoleum.
LV2DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.