HVLP air pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > HVLP air pressure

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
WolfcreekCJ
1977 CJ7 

HVLP air pressure

I recently primed my cj7 body with a new Devillbiss FLG 4 . there is a regulator attached at the gun. When I sprayed the primer , Excell Hi build, I set the pressure at 23psi with the trigger pulled. 80psi at the hose. It worked ok I guess as ive never sprayed with one before. I expected more paint to come out 1.8 nozzle. the primer job is passable 3coats to sand.Was just wondering if the correct way to measure the pressure at the gauge is with the trigger pulle or with it off? seemed like not much air with gauge set at 23, then pull trigger . Maybe a dumb question but its been bothering me. will be doing base clear soon and was looking for advice setting pressure.

Unread 07-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

It has to be set when the trigger is pulled,that gives you the correct running pressure,not sitting pressure.

I generaly only run 45 PSI off the compressor when using a paint gun.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
ridgerunnerxj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, set your pressure with trigger pulled and paint flowing...

If the primer came out a little dry, you could reduce it a little, (check with the supplier first to make sure it's compatable) with some universal urethane reducer.

Also make sure the fluids adjuster is wide open on your gun.
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
WolfcreekCJ
1977 CJ7 

Thanks Fellas .........Its those little things that make my life easier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.