HID headlight conversion on 97 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > HID headlight conversion on 97 TJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 12-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Re-Jeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

HID headlight conversion on 97 TJ

I am looking for some basics on what the process is to replace the factory headlights on my 97 to a new set of HID. Can anybody describe the basic process for how the wiring is converted on this? The kit I am looking at comes with the ballast and relay for the conversion.

Thanks

Re-Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Search the TJ tech forum, but expect a flak storm for wanting them.
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Loadsmasher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do an H4 conversion and get a harness from Susquehanna Motorsports instead. Far less expensive and light output is incredible. Busdepot.com has 55/100W H4s so you can really hold a torch after you upgrade the harness.
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
sweetbmxrider

http://blackbirdlighting.com/H6024.php

I have these on mine. Plug and play, they are amazing. I have driven through hood high puddles and they never skipped a beat.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.