help! painting jcr offroad rear bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > help! painting jcr offroad rear bumper

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Jimboslice1157
1999 TJ Wrangler 

help! painting jcr offroad rear bumper

Hi all! Ok so my awesome jcr offroad deluxe rear bumper and tire carrier came in last night and I thought I was all ready to paint it (being that they came bare metal) turns out I got confused because on the back side (the inside of the bumper) there's all kinds of nooks and crannies and tough spots to get to.... will my rattle can primer and paint be able to get those spots well enough? And some spots are completely inaccessible to sanding... will my self etching primer be enough in those areas? Hopefully you all can help! I need tips! Thanks. And also I'm on my phone now so no pictures but some will follow!

Jimboslice1157 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
Mike
oooh you almost had it

When I did my bumpers, I took my time and just "fogged" a few light coats in the hard to reach areas. worked well for me anyway. ymmv. I'm sure there's guys on here that have some better tricks.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have it blasted then powder coated, best bang for the buck and its indestructible
swirve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.