Help! Frame rusted on our "new" 99 sahara! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Help! Frame rusted on our "new" 99 sahara!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
stephandjay

Help! Frame rusted on our "new" 99 sahara!

We bought this jeep which appeared in GREAT condition for a 99 and had 105,000 miles. Exterior and interior looked impeccable. We are not mechanically inclined and didn't inspect vehicle hardly at all apparently. ? Guy we purchased from had offered to have "his body guy" look at it and "fox" or reinforce what he affordable can. We bought it from a guy who sells jeeps and claims to not know frame looked like this.

image-3396433159.jpg

image-221626724.jpg

image-1740122295.jpg

image-2614384712.jpg

image-2922828117.jpg  
stephandjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Its more than a quick fix. Also it looks like someone recently painted over that rust.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

lots of expensive work.....

If that guy claims he sells jeeps regularly,he knew exactly hat was wrong with it.anyone who knows jeeps even a little knows those are the common places for rust...it even shows he painted over it,how you could not see it when painting over it?

If you live in a state where inspection is required...you can get 100% of your money back because he sold an unsafe vehicle to you knowingly...

Those are not easy fixes,and i wouldn't let him offer to take it to one of "his guys",they'l just cover up whats showing and not fix what really needs done.........

sorry to be the party pooper..but it is what it is...

Tell him you want your money back,or to have someone of your choice to fix it all at his expense...or tell him your going to court for selling an unsafe motor vehicle if he doesn't agree.....

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

When did you buy it vs when you noticed the problem?
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
prismfisher
1982 CJ8 

Rust

That rust is not acceptable especially if it wasn't disclosed during the purchase process. This guy tried to get one over on you. I would contact him immediately and tell him that you want $$ back and if he refuses, take them to small claims court. Given the age of jeep and the condition of underframe, you are looking at exceeding the price of the rig in repair costs.
prismfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

To me that looks like it needs a new frame. Just from the few pics seen. looks like it is about ready to split into parts. looks very unsafe. trying to patch that would be just wrong. think about the rust you are not seeing. hard to even think they sold that with out a salvaged title. The liability.
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sitting here with the morning sun blasting in my face and can barely see the laptop screen and I can clearly see this azzhat freshly painted that frame to cover up the rust that is common on jeeps. I prep cars for a used car lot and you would not beleive the crap dealers witll try to hide before they take them to an auction so it will bring more money. I have had to fix some pretty nasty stuff over the years to make a marketable vehicle out of them.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.