JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint and Body (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f260/)
-   -   Help! Frame rusted on our "new" 99 sahara! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f260/help-frame-rusted-our-new-99-sahara-1529518/)

stephandjay 05-28-2013 09:49 PM

Help! Frame rusted on our "new" 99 sahara!

5 Attachment(s)
We bought this jeep which appeared in GREAT condition for a 99 and had 105,000 miles. Exterior and interior looked impeccable. We are not mechanically inclined and didn't inspect vehicle hardly at all apparently. ? Guy we purchased from had offered to have "his body guy" look at it and "fox" or reinforce what he affordable can. We bought it from a guy who sells jeeps and claims to not know frame looked like this.

Attachment 632038

Attachment 632039

Attachment 632040

Attachment 632042

rjbruzan 05-29-2013 01:01 PM

Its more than a quick fix. Also it looks like someone recently painted over that rust.

Ron

Ironworker709 05-30-2013 09:13 AM

lots of expensive work.....

If that guy claims he sells jeeps regularly,he knew exactly hat was wrong with it.anyone who knows jeeps even a little knows those are the common places for rust...it even shows he painted over it,how you could not see it when painting over it?

If you live in a state where inspection is required...you can get 100% of your money back because he sold an unsafe vehicle to you knowingly...

Those are not easy fixes,and i wouldn't let him offer to take it to one of "his guys",they'l just cover up whats showing and not fix what really needs done.........

sorry to be the party pooper..but it is what it is...

Tell him you want your money back,or to have someone of your choice to fix it all at his expense...or tell him your going to court for selling an unsafe motor vehicle if he doesn't agree.....

gily25 05-30-2013 05:42 PM

When did you buy it vs when you noticed the problem?

prismfisher 05-31-2013 07:41 AM

Rust

That rust is not acceptable especially if it wasn't disclosed during the purchase process. This guy tried to get one over on you. I would contact him immediately and tell him that you want $$ back and if he refuses, take them to small claims court. Given the age of jeep and the condition of underframe, you are looking at exceeding the price of the rig in repair costs.

222Doc 05-31-2013 11:54 AM

To me that looks like it needs a new frame. Just from the few pics seen. looks like it is about ready to split into parts. looks very unsafe. trying to patch that would be just wrong. think about the rust you are not seeing. hard to even think they sold that with out a salvaged title. The liability.

Photog2000 06-23-2013 08:42 AM

I'm sitting here with the morning sun blasting in my face and can barely see the laptop screen and I can clearly see this azzhat freshly painted that frame to cover up the rust that is common on jeeps. I prep cars for a used car lot and you would not beleive the crap dealers witll try to hide before they take them to an auction so it will bring more money. I have had to fix some pretty nasty stuff over the years to make a marketable vehicle out of them.

The time now is 08:13 PM.