Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hard top questions

993 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  EricD 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a damaged hardtop, and I am wanting some advice on how to fix it. As you can see, the left side hangs off of the body a good amount, I have cracks on the top on both sides, and on the sides. Any advice? It's ugly as he spraypainted over it (and the rear window too :|

He was driving around with no nuts on the bolts that hold the hard top on for who knows how long.

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
That's needing some serious fiberglass work if you want it right. Not a quick or easy fix. Lotta grinding, mixing resin/fiberglass, more grinding/sanding, texture and paint.
Lots of youtube videos about how to do it.
Might be worth watching the local ads for a used top...

#7 ·
3-M makes the specific product that is to be used to repair our tops,IMO that top has some pretty heavy damage,most of it being in important area's.
The ONLY way to tell how bad it really is will be to get all the mud that the PO put into it.
There is a really good thread here where a guy did his repairs according to Mopar spec's,it's a lot of work to do it right,as to being worth it,that is up entirely up to you.

#6 ·
Yea, looks like he bondo'd the holes over, but also looks like other damage. Probably figured it was easier to fill em, than to fix that opening if it was damaged.
Bondo can't be used structurally like fiberglass can, or you get that. Real fiberglass work is very messy and hard to work with, but would have held together if done right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.