guys with carpets removed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > guys with carpets removed

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
bword

guys with carpets removed

Two questions
1.How do u hide wires for a amp?
2.will a rubber floor mat stay in place?
that is all

Unread 06-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bword View Post
Two questions:
1.How do you hide the wires for an amp?
2.Will a rubber floor mat stay in place?
That is all.
Translated your text speak into English...

1: You don't. Well, you can if you route them carefully along with the wiring at the edge of the tub. But it sounds like you have already wired it up and did not plan ahead.

2: Yes.
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
bword

Sorry didn't know I was not speaking English. I'll work on it, thanks for the reply.
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bword View Post
Sorry didn't know I was not speaking English. I'll work on it, thanks for the reply.

I don't run carpet (bedliner) and i ran my CB coax where the stock wiring harness goes right under the tub rail, not all that hidden well but it works.
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Rangluh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Get some of that tubing stuff with a slit all the way down one side to hide multiple wires. It looks "more neat." I run wires down each side under the lip things by the door sills and under the lip things in the back. I got used to it and no one complains about the wires. They just complement the system

The mats up front slide some but you can reach down and fix them in .3 seconds Doorless if you catch the breeze right, they can lift up off the floor some though.
Rangluh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
bword

Thanks guys for the suggestions..i bought the jeep already wired up for a amp for highs and mids so I didnt feel like re wiring the whole thing back to the head unit so I used a amp I had laying around.

Ill be ditching the carpet soon and wanna prepare trying to think of anything else that could be a future issue. Few more months ill be monstalining it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.