Giving my buddys jeep a make over while he's in the hospital - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Giving my buddys jeep a make over while he's in the hospital

Up to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 07-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Giving my buddys jeep a make over while he's in the hospital

Hey everyone. A good buddy of mine has cystic fibrosis and recently received a double lung transplant. While he is on recovery a few friends and I have taken his Jeep and surprising him with a makeover. Currently we are pulling out his soaked and molded carpet and we've run into a small problem... Rust! The drivers floor board is starting to rust out and I need advice on how to fix it. Thanks for any help I can get!

Unread 07-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can you shoot a pic or two to give an idea how bad?

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
79CJ7dude
1979 CJ7 

Buy a patch panel, cut out the rust, and weld in the new piece.
79CJ7dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Huge respect to you for doing something amazing to surprise your buddy! I'm sure the Jeep is the last thing on his mind, but that will be an incredible surprise. What all are you doing to it?

As someone else said, patch in a new panel. Reach out to the community in your area if you need some help. I'm not by any means a very.. handy.. person (haha!) but I'm about 3 hours away if this turns into an extended project, I'd love to offer whatever help I can be.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
greyhnd
1996 ZJ 

That my friends is an awesome display of friendship. It doesn't get much better than what these guys are doing for their friend. Bravo.
greyhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
pdxmotorhead
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Have the floor soda blasted if there is enough metal there is a process called spray welding that can fix it, but the soda blasting will let you see where you are.
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
COMike93YJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wow....what a true friend!!!! I hope your friend comes through with flying colors as well. Any update on the jeep??
COMike93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yea: that is way cool bro! Congrats on being great friends to him! Is the rust surface rust? or can you push a screwdriver through the floor pan? If it's surface, which is what I just had to deal with, you can sand or grind it off and prime it up. Then paint it with Rustoleum or whatever...You can also POR-15 it. Probably have to order it online and that will take time....

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #9
Dobiegirl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Dobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.