Fixing a hard top.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Fixing a hard top..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
08Helotes
2008 JK Wrangler 

Fixing a hard top..

So, i am in the process of buyin a hard top for my 2008 jk. Its got one small crack in the rear corner, and a chip missing next to it, doesnt bother me really, and the price is a steal so thats why im interested.
Anyways, my question is, what does it take to fix it yourself? And how hard is it? I know it can be done, but i also dont want to pay insane amounts o money to do it, so input is appreciated!
Thanks

08Helotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
08Helotes
2008 JK Wrangler 

Photos
image-3901649389.jpg   image-1537219626.jpg  
08Helotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Just get some short strand filler or some fiberglass mat and resin. Sand the area around the damage, then lay the resin soaked mat over the damage. Use as many layers as it takes to fill it up. Let it cure, sand it smooth, and paint.

Easy. And under $50. Just takes time and makes a little mess.
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.