fixing bubbled clear coat - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > fixing bubbled clear coat

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #16
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITTBUilder View Post
Yeah but you might want to check that again. The 90 PSI is at the compressor not at the cap, at the line you drop it to 30 psi and there is an internal regulator in the gun that drops it down to around 10 psi. If you set the compressor to 30 psi you would barely be spraying paint, if you were even able to atomize the paint it would look orange peeled and rough as hell. There are at least 3 regulators in a paint system, and all 3 are required regardless of what gun you have. THere is one at the compressor, one AT the gun and there is the one inside the gun. All three are adjustable and the first 2 should always be filtered.
The one inside the gun is a PAINT filter,not AIR.I know SOME guns come with an air filter inside the gun,but anyone i know removes them because it will mess with the air flow too much and collect water/dirt inside the gun itself,thats why the filter is put AT the gun externaly for the air.

30 PSI in the line is more than efficeint enough to run an HVLP and several other people i know who paint daily,as a matter of fact when i started painting myself again 8 years ago,i had to get advice from pro's i know because i was used to the 70's/80's single stage paint and old guns and all who i asked only run 30 PSI in the line at most because of possible damage to a good gun.

Painting with plastic as a temporary booth is always a no no in my book,the plastic will wave in the moving air needed for ventilation and removal of overspray,..and overspray landing on plastic will also fall off the plastic while spraying and landing on the paint job,ask me how i know.....
As far as the concern for temperature while spraying,they have different reducers for different temps.Slow,Medium and Fast.

As far as a good budget paint line,i like Omni,good quality,nice spraying for a good price,I recently painted a ford ranger for a freind's son's first vehicle with Omni VW Regatta Metallic blue BC/CC and came out beautiful,only paid 90.00 for the gallon and mix ratio is 50/50,so you get 2 gallons out of it.
But everyone has their own opinions/preferences in paint lines,,being budget or top of the line.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.