Fender Flares Faded Already? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Fender Flares Faded Already?

Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe still have some great deals going on!

Unread 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Zone

303 is pretty good. Just Once (justonce.com) is also good. It does not contain any oils or silicone, so it's not greasy like many of these types of conditioners.

Zone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #17
hewesyourdaddy
2011 JK Wrangler 

I came across this thread the other day so I decided to try the heat gun method. I used a small butane torch from Harbor Freight. Once I figured out the right distance from the fender to hold the torch, I began making small dime or quarter sized circles with the flame. You can then go back over areas that need to be darkened. I applied Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant. It's got UV blockers in it and it's not greasy when it dries.
hewesyourdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
jdunn1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

WHAT a difference. I just purchased the Jeep and the fenders were faded and spotty. I bought the Mother's Back-to-Black and I'm impressed! Ignore the white stuff, I tried a different product and it stunk, so I removed it first with a degreaser to make sure I got it all off ebfore apply the Mother's product. The picture don't lie

Step before

Step After

Rear Fender before

Rear Fender after
jdunn1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
Blondye78
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn1 View Post
WHAT a difference. I just purchased the Jeep and the fenders were faded and spotty. I bought the Mother's Back-to-Black and I'm impressed! Ignore the white stuff, I tried a different product and it stunk, so I removed it first with a degreaser to make sure I got it all off ebfore apply the Mother's product. The picture don't lie

Step before

Step After

Rear Fender before

Rear Fender after
How long has it been on there and how does it wear? I tried some stuff that looked great the first day, but looked horrid in 2 days.
Blondye78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.