Entire Jeep Plasti-dipped? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Entire Jeep Plasti-dipped?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 09-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Mporter22
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Entire Jeep Plasti-dipped?

Kinda wanted to see if anyone has Plasti-dipped their entire jeep. Or even a section of it and if its held up to some decent abuse and time.

Mporter22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
toddstans

I did mine flat black,it has held up well for a year except for under the doors from getting in and out
toddstans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

Pictures? I have been debating doing it to my jeep
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
karlo

Plastidip may chip easily due to rocks and road debris, unless you have a street jeep so it can last for a year.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
NYC_ZJ
Jeep for LIFE!!

1996 ZJ 

Once you decide to take it off, it becomes hard only because it gets into every crack and you'll never get it all off.
ZJs Only club member #58
NYC_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
followgod2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I did my entire Jeep also. The trick is do not feather it. tape off areas so it is on heavily, then it will all peel off. The nice thing about this is that if you have some come off, trim off the loose stuff lightly with a blade and spray it on again. do not cut deep so you do not scratch the paint if you are worried about it.
followgod2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
JayCOTE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Can anyone shed some light on this topic? in the middle of tear down to do complete paint on my 01 TJ, started taking factory paint down yesterday. So far i think im hooked on the Rustoleum High Heat Satin paints and a roller but deffinetly would like to see some Plasti work
JayCOTE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #8
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

There's a dealership near me (who I'm sure charges way too much) that'll plasti-dip your vehicle. They have GCs on their site. Gives you an idea. http://dippedbydiehl.com/

Best thing would be to search dipyourcar videos, there's a few Jeeps on there.

But, the stuff is supposed to be very user friendly. Just make sure you spray it on thick so that if you decide to take it off, it'll come off easier.
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.