Duplicolor Aerosol Truck Bed Coating and UV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Duplicolor Aerosol Truck Bed Coating and UV

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
YJDave
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Duplicolor Aerosol Truck Bed Coating and UV

I did some searching and from what I found, Duplicolor Truck Bed Coatings have no UV protection and are likely to fade.
I don't have the money right now to replace my rusted fenders so I'm thinking of using bondo to repair and the Duplicolor Aerosol Truck Bed Coating to spray them inside and out.

My question is, has anyone done something like this and then used clear coat to protect them from fading?
Also, can someone recommend a good product to protect the coating from UV?

TIA,
Dave

YJDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've used the duplicolor on my Jeep and my experience is that it fades almost as fast as you spray it on. I'm exaggerating of course, but you get the idea. It gets real chalky real fast. The good news is you can paint over it with anything, including krylon fusion. It'll still fade over time, but you'll only be touching up once a year instead of every three months. If Krylon makes a fusion clearcoat I would definitely try that.
Unread 04-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
YJDave
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
I've used the duplicolor on my Jeep and my experience is that it fades almost as fast as you spray it on. I'm exaggerating of course, but you get the idea. It gets real chalky real fast. The good news is you can paint over it with anything, including krylon fusion. It'll still fade over time, but you'll only be touching up once a year instead of every three months. If Krylon makes a fusion clearcoat I would definitely try that.
Thanks for the advice, I'll pick some of that up.
YJDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.