Dumb spraying question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Dumb spraying question

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
tecumsa

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dumb spraying question

I'm getting ready to repaint my TJ this spring/summer, having a friend do the body work (does it for a living), then I'll repaint myself. Been practicing with the Preval system, and it's coming out a lot better than I ever expected. But it got me to thinking (which can be a bad thing), can the Wagner-style spray painters be used to paint a Jeep?

http://tinyurl.com/4t82hso

If not, why not? What is the difference between them and the standard auto spray painters?

tecumsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

There is alot of difference. The Wagner style sprays paint in alot more volume which is alot thicker than auto paint. I don't think it atomizes the paint like an auto style paint gun does.
Unread 01-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
tecumsa

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, thanks. I figured there was a reason people don't use them.
tecumsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.