Dont know if this is a paint question but here it goes. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Dont know if this is a paint question but here it goes.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

Dont know if this is a paint question but here it goes.

Ok we'll I have a 95 Grand Cherokee and all the dash lights are green. The head unit I have has a white display but all the buttons are blue led lights. Can I paint over the buttons with a tranparent yellow paint to make it the light green in color to match the other dash lights?

Cherokee95kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid View Post
Ok we'll I have a 95 Grand Cherokee and all the dash lights are green. The head unit I have has a white display but all the buttons are blue led lights. Can I paint over the buttons with a tranparent yellow paint to make it the light green in color to match the other dash lights?
If you pull one of the lights from the dash you will likely see that each light has a condom like thing on it. Remove it and the light will turn white. hth

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $² = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.