Does anybody know any tips/tricks to removing dents? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Does anybody know any tips/tricks to removing dents?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
BigZink
2002 KJ Liberty 

Does anybody know any tips/tricks to removing dents?

If anybody has any tips/tricks to helping me removing a dent in my hood or a dent in my fender that would be great?

BigZink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
lobukjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There really is no trick per say.Either the dent is shallow and or large enough to be worked out or its not..I f you can actually get to the back of the dent you might be able to muscle it out with a nice push...Maybe even some light taps with a rubber mallet and a sandbag..Compressed air and a hair dryer can work on large shallow dents..Sometimes you can work them out with your fingers..
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
BigZink
2002 KJ Liberty 

so what do you do with the sandbag egzactly? im a newbie to all this and trying to learn the in's and out's of things.
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
lobukjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well a sandbag goes over the inverted part of the dent...and then you tap from the other side..Its like a steel dolly with a bit of forgiveness.
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
BigZink
2002 KJ Liberty 

Alright thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.