Dj-5F freshly Paint Flat Tan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Dj-5F freshly Paint Flat Tan

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 07-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
howmany
1977 DJ 

Well after countless hours and hours of prep, I used up all of my vacation from work, and got my Baby painted. I did all the prep, and have a friend who Sprays houses, and has painted countless vehicles, So I had him come over and spray the Jeep for me. He had the whole HVLP Spray gun set up, which made for a very nice quality paint job. The only cost in it for me was materials, and paint of course. For paint I went with Rapco 686 Tan Gillepsie paint. Xylene based. I am extremely impressed with the way this stuff went on, and the finish it left. Flat as can be! Just the way I wanted it. Here are some pictures to show the end result. Tell me what you think!

image-2799468116.jpg

image-781016055.jpg

image-1952840151.jpg

image-421788989.jpg

image-3834959833.jpg

howmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I like it! good job.
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great use of your vacation! Now what are you doing to finish the hood/grill? If you've still got the Willys hood grafting it to the DJs hood may be possible. Are all the doors going back on or only the rear?

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
howmany
1977 DJ 

As far as finishing the hood/Grille, the only thing left that I have to do is cut a "triangle" to fit the top of the grille to make it not hollow, and flush. As far as combining the willys hood and the dj, I don't think it would be worth all the work for just a slight difference in appearance. Also I don't have a willys hood, only the grille that I bought off of Ebay, and did a number of modifications to get it fit the DJ. The sliding doors are staying on, and I chopped the corners of them so the back wheel Wells are open. Body - wise, all I have left is making tube fenders. It already looks way better without any fenders, then it did with the big bulky original ones. But definitely going to throw on some tube fenders.
image-1064018637.jpg

howmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
COMike93YJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wow! I really like the way it turned out. Looks sharp!
COMike93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
monsonman

1998 TJ Wrangler 

looks unbelievable. I'm really wanting to paint my Tj flat tan.
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

looks cool. I always wanted one of those.
jamesdart is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.