Detailing and Washing your Ride-Properly - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Detailing and Washing your Ride-Properly

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
danielkspencer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Sorry no need, been reading it about 5 times and Really understand it now. Thanks for awsome write up.
No problem, glad to help out.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions out there is that sealant goes on last. I hear a lot of guys saying they waxed the car then topped it off with sealant to protect it. It's very important that sealant is put on before wax or it will not bond properly to the clear coat. Some sealants will actually mess with some waxes and cause undesirable effects, also.

Black WK Club #45
danielkspencer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Yes i see That point. I was a bit confused about the polish and wax, allways thought polish and wax was one thing. Can you recomend other products like autoglym for example or is this only crap from your point of view. Reason why i Ask is because i live in Norway and the brands you use Are not easy to Get here.

Can you make a shopping list for What i need for all this, Really inspired me to try it out, either i order products from US or here.

Thanx again, best write up ever! 
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
danielkspencer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Yes i see That point. I was a bit confused about the polish and wax, allways thought polish and wax was one thing. Can you recomend other products like autoglym for example or is this only crap from your point of view. Reason why i Ask is because i live in Norway and the brands you use Are not easy to Get here.

Can you make a shopping list for What i need for all this, Really inspired me to try it out, either i order products from US or here.

Thanx again, best write up ever! 

For the money Autoglym is a great wax!! Pick some up with no worries.

Are you planning on doing paint correction? ie. removing swirls and minor scratches? Or are you just wanting something to make it shiny and protect it?

Black WK Club #45
Unread 05-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkspencer

For the money Autoglym is a great wax!! Pick some up with no worries.

Are you planning on doing paint correction? ie. removing swirls and minor scratches? Or are you just wanting something to make it shiny and protect it?
Removing minor swirl and scrathes, protection and make it shiny....

Been using autoglym carwash with wax and autoglym deepshine polish until now.

The paint isnt all perfect, but ok its a 12 years old car, with 87k miles.

Like to protect the paint, but didnt know as much as now before reading your write up. Here in Norway We have heavy winters with salty roads.

Thanx,
image-4104428807.jpg   image-3636196694.jpg  
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 05-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #20
danielkspencer
2008 WK 

I suggest you get a Porter Cable 7424, best money I ever spent. It's almost impossible to really get out swirls by hand, and anything less than a PC 7424 is useless.

Get you some Lake country Hydrotech Tangerine pads and some Meguiar's M205 polish. Probably 2 pads will do it for the polish. Watch some vids on youtube to see how to properly buff your ride.

Then get you some Black Fire Wet Diamond and put on a coat, let it sit overnight, then put on a second coat.

Then let it sit overnight.

Then put on a coat or 2 of autoglym wax or Natty's blue past, or some other descent quality wax that is NOT a cleaner wax (don't want to strip off your black fire sealant you just spent 2 days on, lol)

And you will have a very shiny, very protected ride.

I don't use any all in one products, by the way. No cleaner waxes for me. If I want to clean the car I'm going to clean the car, if I'm going to wax the car I want to wax the car. Waxes and sealants that have cleaners in them are not good for multiple coats or layering products, they strip off what ever you put them on and then they are the only product left on the finish.

Black WK Club #45
Unread 05-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #21
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thanx alot! Thumbsup.

Unread 05-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #22
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Ordered meguirs m205, tech wax 2.0, and deep crystal wash today.

NeXT Will be the pc7424, but i can only find it as US version for 110-120V, need it for 230V here in Norway.

Any tips Where to find master?

Unread 05-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #23
danielkspencer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Ordered meguirs m205, tech wax 2.0, and deep crystal wash today.

NeXT Will be the pc7424, but i can only find it as US version for 110-120V, need it for 230V here in Norway.

Any tips Where to find master?
No clue on that one bro. Just keep looking until you find one or some brand that is as good. Check with me before you buy one if you want and I'll try to see if it's worth the money or not. Don't waste your money on a "fake" buffer. Search and see if they make a Flex buffer that will work there, those are awesome and I bet they have an optional one with that voltage.

What made you decide on the 2.0? Can you not get Blackfire Wet Diamond there?

Black WK Club #45
Unread 05-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #24
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

No didnt find the blackfire wet diamond, Will keep surching though, also for the buffer.

Unread 05-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #25
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

The flex buffer is expensive though, like 380$? Any good links for finding a good, Nice price one.

Unread 05-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #26
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Do you mean the meguirs tech wax 2.0 isnt Any good sealent?

Unread 05-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #27
danielkspencer
2008 WK 

Quote:
The flex buffer is expensive though, like 380$? Any good links for finding a good, Nice price one.
Auto Geeks has it for $325 shipped, and that's the cheapest I can find it. Also, the Flex is the only one I can find that will work with your voltage.

Quote:
Do you mean the meguirs tech wax 2.0 isnt Any good sealent?
It's ok, just not in the class with the Black Fire. But for an off the shelf product, it's fine.

Black WK Club #45
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #28
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkspencer

Auto Geeks has it for $325 shipped, and that's the cheapest I can find it. Also, the Flex is the only one I can find that will work with your voltage.

It's ok, just not in the class with the Black Fire. But for an off the shelf product, it's fine.
Thanx for doing resurch for me Mr. Apriciated.

Unread 05-31-2011, 03:57 AM   #29
karlo

Thanks for the tips and tricks. I bookmarked this thread for quick reference.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #30
danielkspencer
2008 WK 

I finally got a full detail done. Took 2- 8 hour days.
Washed
Clayed
Polished with M205
Sealed with Black Fire Wet Diamond
Ultima on all the tires and trim

I'm no photographer, by the way, but it came out very nice in person.

Black WK Club #45

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.