Dash board repaint. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Dash board repaint.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Zaqk

Dash board repaint.

I started to repaint my 97 TJ's dash board with a darker grey Dupli-Color vinyl and fabric paint. I have only done the speaker covers when my dad suggested that instead of pulling the whole dash out we just cover everything in painters tape and newspaper, is this a good idea? I feel like if I pull everything out it will look much cleaner. Should we just tape it over or paint it? I have a pic of the color comparison...

'97 Wrangler sport

image-4053245298.jpg   image-1434611617.jpg  
Zaqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
tybota
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Big fan of just removing everything and painting it. That way you don't have to worry about accidents or overspray.
tybota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
TABonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

^ This.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-xj-se-1513890/
TABonifacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybota View Post
Big fan of just removing everything and painting it. That way you don't have to worry about accidents or overspray.
X3. Way easier in the long run!
responder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Zaqk

Thanks guys I finished a little while ago and decided to leave it in ( my dad's pretty darn stubborn) and it turned out well. Looks clean an I only had a small bit of overspray from the dash to the door panel and I was going to paint it any way so it all worked out well!

'97 Wrangler sport
Zaqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
Beachbum1

Takes no time to pull everything but airbag. I used Duplicolor flex bumper paint to go from spice to black in my 97. Krylon fusion also if you want a color.
Beachbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.