Crack in my WK front bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Crack in my WK front bumper

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
jaredalan65
2005 WK 

Crack in my WK front bumper

Hey guys, I have a pretty big crack (6") in my front bumper cover and it seems to be getting bigger and possibly fanning out. Is there a quick/easy way to fix this? can I just slap some epoxy on the back side and call it good without even taking it off?

jaredalan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
ATVRACER76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

There is some epoxy that is made for bumper repairs.. If you go that route, you will want to get some 80 grit sandpaper and sand the area where your gonna put the epoxy so it stays put.. I generally will tape the outside of the bumper so the crack is all lined up and put the epoxy on the backside where its sanded.. Once it dries up, pull the tape and you should have a decent fix.. To go the extra step, use a grinder and make a valley on the outside where the crack is and use a flexable bondo to fill it, sand smooth, prime and repaint..
ATVRACER76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Reinforce the repair material with some fiberglass window screen inbedded in it on the back side. If you grind to front side to a "v" for final fill and repair, sand the hard stuff off from grinding before filling. Fill material will hold better.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.