Chrysler paint problems? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Chrysler paint problems?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Chrysler paint problems?

My 06 Rubicon is black. I notice the hood, mostly the hood, has small cracks like scratches but they go in different directions. Others are like little starbursts. I am not the original owner but I am pretty certain the Jeep has not been repainted as all of the tale-tale signs of overspray, tape lines, color mismatches, wavy panels etc are non existent. I have read about such problem but never paid much attention to them.

What is the deal with this? It appears to be primarily the hood and the top of the fenders. When it is dirty I do not notice it, mostly after waxing the little cracks hold the wax and show up nicely!

Probably wind up just getting the hood repainted and the top of the fenders Line-X painted and the grill also.

J

2006 TJ Rubicon, Custom 4 inch lift with Currie Arms, TF springs, RS9000 shocks, TF High Steer Kit, TF ST Dual rate anti-rock, TF front track bar, Yellow Box speedo correction, Black Rock 15X10 Streetlock wheels with BFG AT 33X15X12.5 tires, Line-X tub, Bed Rug carpet, Tom Woods shaft, Spidershade, Savvy corner and rocker armor, Exogate.
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My TJ-L paint has numerous flaws as well! The build date for it is 3-8-06, I think that the pushing out the TJ's to make way for the JK's. I'm in the process of repainting it an Earth Yellow Mil. paint, It'll be an improvement over factory when I'm finished!

Chrysler has always had an issue with their paint through the years, just look at any mid to late 90's Neon etc.
silvanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
flash1034
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It is called "crows feet". Typically caused by ****ty paint and high heat.

Flash

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.