on car rust removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > on car rust removal

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
blue96jeep
1996 XJ Cherokee 

on car rust removal

Can anybody suggest good sand blaster that i can use to remove rust in areas that I cant get tools to fit in. I was looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausf...s=sand+blaster.

what media would I use.

blue96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That will be OK for small stuff like corners ect. More concern is your compressor. Blasters are HUGE HUGE consumers of air.
That blaster is a beginners unit which the air pulls the media along with it then onto the item being blasted.
Next is a pressure blaster which the media is put into a large hopper and the air is stored in the hopper and when let out it takes media with it. This is much more efficent.
Both will make one hell of a mess. I know from experience.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

^ AIR.........you will need alot.

Just be very sure to use a good HOOD with an air supply or filter. be very careful with any sand. The dust is like fine glass and will cause Silicosis. Wallnut shells and many other options are more expensive but much less deadly.
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
blue96jeep
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have a 30 gallon 4.5 or 6 cfm compressor, but this going to be used very little, my projects aren't enough for a decent set up. any other suggestions for a beginners set up.

thanks
blue96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.