Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

can a busted top be fixed?

655 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  JustinBooth52 
#1 ·
his past weekend I rolled my 06 rubicon over a busted the hard top. took it to the body shop and that guy seems to think that he can repair the top. does anyone think that fixing the fiber glass will be okay? will it hold and not recrack? is it gonna leak?

#3 ·
I'm just really skeptical about it. I guess I
just gonna take the chance and let him fix it. I was hoping that I could just get a new top with no sun roof. I like it but I eventually want to put a console there so it would just look stupid.

#8 ·
Do you have a quote to do the repair and how does this compare to cost of getting the top you like?

Anything can be repaired but what's the cost? They fix Corvette bodies made from glass but like rjbruzan said there's more involved to reinforce if it's busted up badly.

#7 ·
I would say if the breaks are more then cracks, there will need to be patches or reinforcements on the inside. That would require an inside insulation kit to cover the repairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.