Bubbling around windshield ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Bubbling around windshield ?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

Bubbling around windshield ?

I have some bubbling around my yj's windshield, mostly just below the driver's side. (pretty typical from what I gather) It appears to have been stopped by the cowl gasket strip and I'm going to paint the entire Jeep, but I'd like to avoid taking the windshield apart if it's not neccessary.

I'd like to just replace the cowl gasket and sand down the windshield frame to bare metal......prime, paint....etc

In your experience, does the rust extend inside the frame. Is there a better way to fix this? thanks

I'll try to post a pic...not sure if jeepforum will let me yet

GRYDE001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The proper way to repair that rust is to remove the glass, sandblast the rust and treat the bare metal with acid and POR-15. The rust extends under the gasket and any partial fix will begin rusting again within 6 month/1 year. It may be simpler and easier to find a good rust free used window frame or a new aftermarket one.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.