body supports completley rotted - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > body supports completley rotted

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-16-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
canadianwinter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

body supports completley rotted

Been snooping around teh site and wow u guys got it all, im actually a student in autobody collision repair, but even my teachers dont know what to propose to me, everyone just tells me to buy a new jeep.

i live in montreal so winters come packed with salt everywere, the previous owner looks like he never heard of oil shooting a car before winter but he did learn how to fill holes with fibreglass pretty well,,, im talking frame holes and everything thata follows.

now ive heard something interesting, temporary but within my budget, i was thinking of putting big rubber blocks inbetween the frame and my rusted out body supports, i was thinging 5 x5 inches and 2-3 inches thick.

at the moment the body is rested on the frame this makes it an extremley bumpy ride and everytime i take a sharp turn im scared the tubs gonna slide right off.

anyone got experience with thsi kinda repair something easier than swapping tub or taking it off and rebuilding it.

please note that skid plate has been changed LOL.

well there you have it its f***n horrible.

canadianwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwinter View Post

First off, WOW. I am glad you replaced the skid plate. Can you take a picture of the whole rig. It almost looks like your body has slid forward some. As far as replacing those mounts, Let me tell you from experience, you may want to seriously consider a tub swap. With the amount of body work needed, you could swap the tub in half the time.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
canadianwinter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

yea il try to get some pics in of a wider view soon, and i know a tub swap would be beautiful, but i guess im waiting till the end of my body coarse to do that because they let you bring in ur car and do whatever u want to it for about a month, i was jus looking for something to last me about 10 months atm.
canadianwinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.