Body support channel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Body support channel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 11-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
silvertub2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Body support channel

Hey guys, my Tj body support channels are getting on the soft side, there still solid at front but getting soft at rear body mount, was debating on replacing entire tub, or repairing those sections, anyone run into this before?, what worked best for you? Thanks

silvertub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

When you price a tub, replacing the mount channels will seem a lot better choice, if the rest of the tub is in decent shape. They should be available from OEM, if not a local fab shop should be able to bend up some for you out of appropriate material. Will have to pull the interior in the area then cut them loose and weld in the replacements, do a little paint work. Just don't put the tub in a twist when you are working on them and welding.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
silvertub2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok thanks maybe il look into that, might be cheaper then a tub replacement, overall tub is solid, no holes other then few spots in channel
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

if you can do the work then repairing would be less meaning welding and r&r.

i would think that at a shop. the cost would be greater than if you could say buy tub new or used and install that your self. no welding. unless you can maybe take the tub off and take that to a shop, saving the r&r.

hard to say not knowing you or what you have to work with and skill level etc.................
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
silvertub2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ya I would be welding in patches, I went to school for welding so that shouldn't be a problem, tubs gotta come off either way just looking at my options first before I tackle it, I'd have to agree though probably my best option at this point

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.