Black Paint for hinges/accesories - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Black Paint for hinges/accesories

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Nowiser
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Black Paint for hinges/accesories

Good afternoon,

Searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I am planning on painting all my hinges and other accents black, was wondering what the best matte paint for that would be. Should i just stick to a can? I will be painting the whole tub, so if need be I can get paint for the gun, and then my guy painting can just spray them. Didnt know what my cheapest option would be.

Thanks guys

Nowiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Beachbum1

Herculiner or another brand of bed coat. Monstaliner but it is 2X the cost.
Beachbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
91Z28
2001 TJ Wrangler 

plasti dip, is good and cheap, although not strong, so if you wheel hard it may not be a good choice.
91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

"SEM Trim Black" is a matte black like the euro trim black. Can get it from a paint supply outfit or maybe from NAPA or Carquest if they handle auto paint. Is a rattle can, and holds up pretty well.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
L_Kilkenny
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Dupli-color Bumper coat
L_Kilkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
dporter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I did this last year. Think it looks good. Just used spray cans Duolicolor universal gloss black.
dporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
dogfacedsoldier
1980 CJ5 

You could look around for a powder-coater, often time they also sandblast and prep beforehand. The prices are much more reasonable than you may expect (especially when you factor in your time prepping, painting, and cleaning up), and the durability will be superior to any rattle can paint job.
dogfacedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #8
Nowiser
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Dogfacedsoldier, I was planning on checking into, any idea what to expect cost wise?
Nowiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.