Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Best way to Hang a bumper for painting???

956 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kajones 
#1 ·
I have recently received my new bumper from JCR and here in the next week or so I will be rattle canning it. I would prefer to have some way to hang it in the back yard to I can paint it as effeciently as possible. I know there have to be some people in here that have had some guinness ideas on ways to do this so please let me know... Pictures are always appreciated....

#4 ·
This is the solution that I came up with for Those that are interested...

Using these screws and about 30ft of Paracord I set up a "Clothes Line" in the back yard.

Dress Religious item Door Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Wood Bicycle tire Sleeve Automotive exterior

Then In order to keep this from turning into a fence painting project I lined the fence with some simple painters protective sheeting.
Cloud Plant Sky Wood Grass

Then using Zip Ties through the D ring tabs....:shhh:.... I hung up the bumper. Not the most idea because of the surface area that the Zip-Ties cover but it worked decently. And then Prodeeced to laydown the 3 coats of Rustoleum Self Etching Primer.
Wood Grass Chair Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Start of the first coat of the final color.... Rustoleum Satin Black Protective Enamel.
Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior Grass Rim

Here is the final product.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.