Best Way to Clean Carpet and Seats on a JK or any jeep really? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Best Way to Clean Carpet and Seats on a JK or any jeep really?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
ArmansJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Best Way to Clean Carpet and Seats on a JK or any jeep really?

I just joined The jeep forum and i just got my first car! an 07 JKU
It does need some tlc on the seats and carpets and i'm
wondering what the best way to clean and freshen them
would be! Thanks guys, glad to be here!

ArmansJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
ATVRACER76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

When i did my xj, i took the carpet completely out and powerwashed it.. I used some laundry detergent and a scrub brush to clean it up good and powerwashed the soap out and hung it out to dry.. As for the seats, i have taken the seatcovers off, take all the metal out thats used to hold the covers on and tossed em in the washing machine.. I let them air dry and reinstall the covers.. You will most likely need some hog rings and some hog ring pliers to reinstall the covers..
ATVRACER76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

After using many different over the counter cleaners and such in auto stores and the like,i've found renting one of those upholstery cleaners you see at common grocery and other stores for 10-20.00 a day to be the most effective and easiest.NEVER use a hard bristle scrub brush on the seats,weather it be vinyl,leather or fabric,it will scratch leather and vinyl and will also loosen the fabric up and make it look like crap.

I always rent the machine and use a very soft scrub brush with a spray can type upholstery cleaner first,if you have any stains this will loosen it up,then use the machine to go over it all as you are instructed to do so,this cleans and removes any dirt or residue completely.

If you just use the spray can type they have,it just scrubs it and then you have to vaccuum as much as you can get out,but it never gets all of it,the machine will thoroughly remove it all without damage.

As for leather and vinyl,clean thorougly with a leather/vinyl cleaner,but do not soak it,it'll leave water stains,then let dry thoroughly and use a leather/vinyl protectant....regular armor all and the like is a no no for that,unless it says specificaly for leather or vinyl upholstery,it will leave stains and dis-coloration and will eventualy damage it..ask me how i know.......lol

As for carpet,like was already said..the best way is to remove it and scrub away and let hang dry.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
ATVRACER76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You can go the extractor route which would make the seats a lil easier but i dont like getting the seat foam wet since it takes forever for the foam to dry back up.. Which can mold if left wet for to long.. Thats why i suggested taking the covers off.. Either way should clean em up nice though..
ATVRACER76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
karlo

Here's another good thread about cleaning the carpets and seats - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/cl...seats-1545421/
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.