Bedliner rewiews? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Bedliner rewiews?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
JeepsterFloyd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bedliner rewiews?

Starting to prepare my 1989 YJ, so that I can coat the floorboard with spray or roll-on bedliner. Anyone have good or bad experiences with certain brands of the stuff? I hate to do this a second time!

JeepsterFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

I used Herculiner on my CJ, but you need to buy their UV coating if it gets prolonged exposure to the Sun otherwise it will fade to gray. It took 1-1/4 gallons of the Herculiner to do 2 coats on my tub, bottom portion of the roll bar, 4 wheel wells and my gas talk skid plate.

I hear nothing but great things from people who have used Monstaliner, Raptor and Durabak. The advantage to using Durabak is that they make 16 different colors and it's formulated for interiors and exteriors. I'm happy with my Herculiner, but if I did it over again, I'd probably use Durabak or Raptor.

The only advice I can give you is take your time with the prep. Remove everything - even the tub plugs and the roll bar if you can. Use a strong cleaner - like "Marine Clean" and remove ANY particles and dust before you roll the liner in. Spend the extra money on good masking tape and really mask everything off. Wear a throw-away coveralls and MAKE SURE to wear gloves, a respirator AND lay down a large tarp. Once the stuff gets on concrete, or your clothes - it isn't coming off. I used gasoline to remove it from my skin. Stick wadded-up masking tape pieces in the tub holes and any exposed threaded holes for the roll bar and seat, etc.

Don't pay for a company to spray it in. It's so much cheaper to do it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
saginawmike
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm thinking of spraying black bedliner on my Rock Hard off road bumpers and was wondering if they fade or turn grey from UV light. Are any brands more resistant to fading? I'm sure they all look nice when new. How about some long term reviews?
saginawmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saginawmike View Post
I'm thinking of spraying black bedliner on my Rock Hard off road bumpers and was wondering if they fade or turn grey from UV light. Are any brands more resistant to fading? I'm sure they all look nice when new. How about some long term reviews?
Check out Monstaliner and Durabak. Both have UV resistance. Durabak is actually made for exteriors as well and comes in 16 colors.

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
Graffxman
1976 CJ7 

I used Duraliner in spray cans from Walmart (did interior and hardtop). Went on easy and I haven't had a problem with it (yet). Make sure you mask off well, overspray goes everywhere!

jeep-001.jpg
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

That top came out nice

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
jsc7002
1966 CJ5 

X2 Herculiner, I used it on my KJ and it did fade but I liked it, it was more of a flat black then. Held up great! I scratched it with my keys and it didnt do anything. Easy to apply takes a while to do all the correct prep work but its well worth it. I will be using it on my XJ.
Unread 02-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
Graffxman
1976 CJ7 

I was pleased with the way the top came out. The windows had that old, faded purple, wrinkled up tint on them. Cleaned them all off, painted inside and out with the Duraliner. Did that 4 months ago, still not a scratch, flake, or peel anywhere.
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Graffxman, now all you need to address is the fact that your tires are too big for that lift (or lack thereof).

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #10
Graffxman
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
Graffxman, now all you need to address is the fact that your tires are too big for that lift (or lack thereof).
Yep, working on that. Budget has me waiting a little, but decided on 4" springs.
Looked at SOA, body lift, add-a-leaf, etc. and decided to wait and do it right.

It does rub a little on big bumps........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.