Bedliner Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Bedliner Questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Thexonexkid

1986 XJ Cherokee 

Bedliner Questions

I realize this thread exists:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f260/...ide-tj-872715/

This thread was going the direction I was wanting (what product to use) but then switched up to how to apply it (which I am pretty sure I have down but if you want to drop your two cents in thats fine).

So yeah major question is what products you think work best roll or spray what brand? Do I have to use a compressor?

Also iv got bed liner already on my tube fenders and about a square piece an inch by an inch came off (not sure how). I don't know the brand (didn't put it on) is it still ok if I don't get the brand that was originally used and just roll over that spot?

Like I said if you got any extra tips or tricks for applying bed liner on the inside of a TJ let me know. This project is a little ways off but thought I'd just get input now.

Unread 01-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
WILLTAKE
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have Herc'ed the inside of two YJ's with a roller and they came out pretty good. Main thing I would recommend is to follow the prep directions very closely and not rush it at all. I also saw this write up on Monstaliner and thought it was a very good article and good looking product

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/

Key thing to watch is your seatbelts- make sure to pull out a little extra slack in the belt and tape or clip it off before removing the seat belt from the Jeep, otherwise it may (will) retract and getting the belt back out will be a major PIA or impossible
WILLTAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Whobeme
2010 JK Wrangler 

Here is the route I went with. • View topic - Al's Liner bed liner write up

What area of Iowa are you in? I'm in Camanche, just north of the Quad Cities.
Whobeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Thexonexkid

1986 XJ Cherokee 

cedar rapids/iowa city
Unread 02-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
sa3040krag
2000 XJ Cherokee 

U-pol Makes a spray-able bed liner called Raptor. It comes black, gray, white, and tint-able. It's $120 a kit and the gun (shultz gun) is about $30. to prep just DA it with 80 grit, clean real good with a wax and grease remover (prep sol), mask and spray. Keep the gun 3-4 feet back and spray like you would paint. The farther away you get the rougher the texture. It sprays easily and hides 80 grit scratches no problem. I sprayed the roof of my cherokee with the tint-able a year ago and it still looks like day 1. I would give it a few days to dry before standing all over it.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
sa3040krag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
4link
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how long does the hurculiner take to dry? actually the whole process really, i was thinking about doin my tub tomorrow but i work the day after and dont want to mess it up
Unread 03-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
bhillsburg

Sweet!
bhillsburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.