bed lining whole jeep - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > bed lining whole jeep

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 08-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #31
kingjames2306
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you have a bullet liner dealer around, try going to them. Claudio Burton the man who invented Line-X, sold Line-X to a corporation and a few years later invented bullet liner. It's a tough product and certain shops do colors. Depending on where you go the prices are good too. Also they won't spray bolts into the body, they'll strip it down to just the tub, running boards, bumpers, whatever you want to do, spray them seperately, then put them back on. Lifetime warranty too. I have a few friend who have done rocker panels and bed liners in the roll on stuff and it chips off in just a few years.

kingjames2306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #32
Zone

Claudio and the rest of the family have not been involved with LINE-X for many years. The Burtin's main business is actually urethane based foams, not spray bedliner products.

Bullet is not a bad product, but Bullet does not have anywhere near the product development of today's LINE-X. Bullet's strongest product (BL-71) has a 550 ppi tear strength, LINE-X's strongest has a 900 ppi tear strength, Bullet's best tensile strength is 2,900 psi, LINE-X's best is 6,250 psi. Actually, Bullet only has two products, LINE-X has about 20 and about half of them are stronger than Bullet's best.

Bullet does not offer a nationwide warranty for truck beds like LINE-X. Bullet and LINE-X dealers warranty everything else individually.
Zone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #33
kingjames2306
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You're right with the Burtin family not being involved in Line-X, they sold it back in like 2005, but they are still very much involved in the bedlining business as well as foaming. But bullet does offer warrantys across the nation, and as far as the tensile tests and the tear strength tests i don't know if i'd believe what Line-X has to say. Even on their own website they lie in the Line-X VS other products section of bedliners. I can't be 100 percent on all of them but I know for a fact that bullet is warrantied nationwide, durable impact resisting, environmentally friendly, tough consistent, provides years of service, available in colors, adds value, and is scratch and dent resistant. Line-X gives themselves checks for everything and other only checks for dampens sound and no lost cargo space. I'm not knocking Line-X, it gets the job done, but since they sold out to a corporation they've been shady.
kingjames2306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #34
Zone

I'll respectfully disagree. LINE-X is pulling ahead of the competition. LINE-X acquired Ground Effects, Ltd. (GFX) last summer. GFX is a tier one upfitter for Ford, GM, Chrysler Group, and Toyota. LINE-X just recently acquired American Aftermarket Group and LINE-X dealers will soon have LINE-X branded accessories designed and manufactured to OEM specifications via GFX. In addition, LINE-X will eventually be the largest user of polyurea in North America (via GFX).

All of the larger bedliner companies have their products tested. What you read on the technical data sheets are actual test results via ASTM test methods. Those numbers are very important and are heavily relied upon when meeting commercial/industrial job specifications.

LINE-X is far from "shady" and many competitors would LOVE to be like LINE-X. I'm not knocking Bullet either, but they way behind LINE-X in product development. That doesn't mean that they might catch up one day.
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #35
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Zone is like the E.F. Hutton of polyurea
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #36
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Zone is like the E.F. Hutton of polyurea
I wish....

I bet the younger members of the forum don't know who E.F. Hutton is (..er was) and thus don't understand your comment.

The real E.F. Hutton of polyurea is Dudley Primeaux.
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #37
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

quick question for both Zone and magnetman...

I have ridden ina few jeeps with both monstaliner and line-x..and the floor still gets so hot you need a floor mat to keep from burning your feet...

I have been lookin at the Lizard Skin Ceramic coating for the heat,so many people have verified the stuff works really well at insulating from heat...so it does work good..

I checked their website and it states that it can be top coated..i was thinking a top coat of some good epoxy primer to help the bond and then a bedliner over that within in the chemical bond window...

Any thoughts on doing this?

here's the info on their website of FAQ...
FAQ | LizardSkin

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Many have asked about Lizardskin under ML and I have always told them to do it

Since the surface of cured LS is flat and appears somewhat dry and porous lets call it, I don't believe that primer would be necessary for ML to stick well.

LS is a water base acrylic coating so you just need to be sure that all the water has left the coating before topcoating. My best guestimate is 48 hrs, maybe 72 hrs

Let Zone speak for Line-X but it's probably the same to put that over LS
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #39
Zone

Looks like LS is water based acrylic paint with glass beads in it. Typically, LINE-X does not stick well to cured acrylic paint. A primer would probably be necessary. That being said, I've not applied LINE-X to LS, so I would test it first to see what happens.

If you enjoy a DIY project, you can make your own "lizard skin" by buying paint and adding the ceramic beads yourself. You can buy the beads here: http://hytechsales.com/insulating_paint_additives.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.