Any comments on how this $50 paint job would look - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Any comments on how this $50 paint job would look

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
Indy

It also takes a certain amount of skill to do a 'good' job with 'good' paint. Good auto material is fairly unforgiving. Spending a grand to learn with is a bad idea. but spending $20, doesnt matter if you mess up. Sand and do it again.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
Neuner-9R
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980tallcj7
I dont get it ....why wouldn't you just order some real automotive paint from Summit Racing and do it right? ....you'll find that 2/3rds of the work is in the prep ...I cant imagine myself going through all that work, and then NOT spraying some good paint on that'll look nice for a long time.

...and seriously, a roller? that would take forever
Because its a JEEP! Before you make a stupid comment, give a roller a try. It's obviously not slow. I have too many people who approach me at gas stations, etc that will argue for me on how great it looks.
Neuner-9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rust-Oleum is now available in over 100 tinted colors at Menards.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #19
LV2DRFT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say use it as an excuse to do a two tone job.

Or you can always do your hood and grill and front and rear bumpers in bedliner. Rustoleum truck bedliner spray is good for the price.
LV2DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
parabellum1130
1992 XJ Cherokee 

if you want to do a cheaper home pro paint job I saw something in a streettruck catalog that you can buy a gal of premixed paint for like 20bucks and ive seen cheap guns on ebay
not im sure it wont be a killer paint job but might be a step above the roller

I just spraybomb with rattle cans and it looks just fine it just doesn't have that deep look if you know what I mean
I sprayd my brothers hondookey civic with dollar general rattle paint n it looked just fine until you were right on top of it but ill bet if we cleared over it aftr it woulda been way better....

besides if they looked at it that long to notice paint imperfections they been looking at it too long....
parabellum1130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.