another herculiner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > another herculiner

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
88YJoe
1988 YJ Wrangler 

another herculiner

i just bought flap wheels for the grinder the po did a crapy jjob on the floor and its peeling can i sand to bare metal and apply herc??? or bad idea?

88YJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
88YJoe
1988 YJ Wrangler 

bump anyone?
88YJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
gtistiffler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think it would probably be best to apply some self etching primer to the bare metal then apply the herculiner.
Unread 10-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
Low98Dime
2000 WJ 

What did the po put on the floor? If its bedliner or undercoating you might want to wear a good respirator, that stuff is nasty if u inhale it. If its ruff stuff you might want to get a braided cup-style wire wheel for your grinder and hit it with that to get off some of the texture first and then switch to the flap disk, unless u want to clog up ur flap disk really quick. Then just wipe down the entire floor with some acetone or some type of prep cleaner, I would spray on some self etching primer where it is down to bare metal and then lay down the liner. Follow the directions on the can.
Low98Dime is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.