Aluminum wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Aluminum wheels

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Bobsgym
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Aluminum wheels

I bought some canyon wheels that were badly corroded. I had them sandblasted with the intent of painting. While sanding them to my suprise they started to look really good. My question is after sanding could I just use a clear coat sealant or will it not stick or is my best bet to use some self etching primer and them paint. I would much rather have them look like original than painted. Thanks for your help.

Bobsgym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
ATVRACER76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It all depends on what your going for.. Do you have a pic of the wheel you could post up? If you want the polished look, you can just put a coat of bulldog adhesive promoter and then just shoot clear over that.. Ive been repairing curb damaged wheels for about 10 years so i know youncan do whatever you want with them.. I have an acura integra gsr that i took the stock "fat five" wheels and sanded all the paint off and then polished em good and did the bulldog and clear on them.. But id really like to see which wheels your talking about so if you can, post up a pic cuz id be much better help for ya..
ATVRACER76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.