Acid Dip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > Acid Dip

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
tower06
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Acid Dip

Looking for a reputable company in the Tri-state area that does acid dipping. Someone who knows how to properly neutralize after. I know the Allentown firm shut down and try as I have, the closest place I keep finding is in Eugene Oregon. I know people will say just get it blasted....not interested. Need a dipper.

Any info would be appreciated

tower06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is one near Milwaukee Wis. I dont know if I would ever have body parts dipped again as they started rusting where there were seams. It cleaned so well even pouring paint into the seams didnt stop it from rusting again. Just my 2 cents.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
tower06
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbruzan View Post
There is one near Milwaukee Wis. I dont know if I would ever have body parts dipped again as they started rusting where there were seams. It cleaned so well even pouring paint into the seams didnt stop it from rusting again. Just my 2 cents.

Ron
I've heard both extremes actually. I am on classic car forums as well and seems that most have the opposite results depending on how the acid is neutralized in the process. Just trying to find a reputable company in close proximity to NJ.
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
tower06
1995 YJ Wrangler 

No dippers local to NJ?
Unread 10-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #5
ToledoDave

Just my 2 cents...but i would be nervouse acid dipping. Reason auto manufactures dip cars through ecoat and prime is to get contact inside frame rails (uni-body) and reach areas not obtainable by a spray gun. Once acid dipped you have removed all coatings inside panels and rails and you will never get them sealed again. Resulting in rotting out from the inside. If it were me i would blast them and not with sand but with something soft like corn and bead it back down to metal and only hit the areas i could repaint and seal again. Unless i could have it redipped in ecoat and or primer to reseal again i wouldnt acid dip.
ToledoDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

A lot of places the do acid can tell you were to get the ecoating done. I have shade many cars and parts dipped and it is much better then blast. I know it is a drive but I use international stripping in Ohio they do an awesome job. They also use a true acid dip not a burn off then dip in light acid
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.