98 zj door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > 98 zj door

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
tommyjohn91

98 zj door

I'm trying to take off my door on my ZJ and I'm not sure how anything will help

tommyjohn91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjohn91 View Post
I'm trying to take off my door on my ZJ and I'm not sure how anything will help
Basically for the front doors you need to remove the kicker panel to access the wiring harness that goes into the door and disconnect it from the body harness and push the door harness out of the body of the ZJ.

Next scribe around the upper and lower hinges so you can later get the door oriented properly without a ton of messing with it.

Before the next step support the door with a floor jack, and have a friend hold the door steady.

Remove the two upper bolts and the two lower bolts from the upper and lower hinges.

Done!

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
tommyjohn91

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman

Basically for the front doors you need to remove the kicker panel to access the wiring harness that goes into the door and disconnect it from the body harness and push the door harness out of the body of the ZJ.

Next scribe around the upper and lower hinges so you can later get the door oriented properly without a ton of messing with it.

Before the next step support the door with a floor jack, and have a friend hold the door steady.

Remove the two upper bolts and the two lower bolts from the upper and lower hinges.

Done!
Thank you very much I gotta try it next time I have a really nice day out cuz today was way to hot
tommyjohn91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.