95 YJ hard top screws are stuck - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > 95 YJ hard top screws are stuck

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Trentl14

95 YJ hard top screws are stuck

The previous owner never took it off. I assume its rust or something so I WD40'd the screws, then took a score driver but to no avail. Then the cordless drill. Stopped it dead. Then the plug in electric drill. Not even a wiggle. Do you guys have an idea for me?

Trentl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
tybota
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Can you cut the screws with a dremel?
tybota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
Rio42
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Had the same problem, PO never took it off. In the end I had to use disk grinder (mine hooks up to an air compressor). It will be faster than a dremel, just be careful. Also check to see if the "rectangle" nuts aren't just twisting around, that was a big problem for me.
Rio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Bigmeats
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Have you tried a hand impact driver? This worked wonders on the the last jeep I took apart. Good luck!
image.jpg  
Bigmeats is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.