2008 Grand Cherokee headliner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > 2008 Grand Cherokee headliner

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 06-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
beedees
2008 WK 

2008 Grand Cherokee headliner

I'm debating whether or not to repair hail damage on my 2008 GC and would like to know how the headliner is installed. It's just dimple sized dents but would like to straighten as much as possible rather than just filling. Thanks

beedees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
ATVRACER76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If yabwant to fix it i would get ahold of a paintless dent removal company and they can push the dents out without having to paint the roof.. They will remove, fix, and reinstall the headliner.. Use a company with good reviews as there are some dent guys out there that do more damage than good..
ATVRACER76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Agreed, unless you have body work experience, you can do more damage than good trying to fix hail dents. The metal is stretched a little in those dents and needs to be done right.

However, you need to get the interior trim off all the way around, along with the sun visors and whatever else is attached through the headliner, then drop it and take it out through the rear hatch. Side trim usually just clipped in, but look for screws, probably have to drop the shoulder harness to get the trim off.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.