1985 cj7 bumper caps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Paint and Body > 1985 cj7 bumper caps

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
85cj7mudder

1985 cj7 bumper caps

Okay, so my dads got an 85 cj-7, i love to drive it, and its bumper "end-caps?" have been broken off. Do any of you know of a replacement/OEM/aftermarket parts for it? Im not even sure where to start, and you all are knowledgable so i decided here. My friend whose a Jeep expert (owns a heavily modded TJ) told me i could easily find a company making them. Idk how to.

All help is appreciated. Look up a pic of a CJ and you can c what they should look like, heres what mine is....

rather distasteful. Oh, and its not like a restoration so 100% original shape/material or OEM is not necesary. Just i have f@*#&ed up my leg on those stubs too many times

[ATTACH]forumrunner_20110124_220211.jpg[/ATTACH]

forumrunner_20110124_220159.jpg  
85cj7mudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

That is not a Factory Original CJ-7 rear bumper. It is probably an aftermarket dress up part.

There are many companies that make replacement rear bumpers for a CJ Jeep, or you can easily build one out of square steel tubing.

Just use Google to find something you like.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
cromd

I can't see the whole bumper but it looks like the one that came on the scrambler. The end caps are very hard to find.
1978 CJ-7 304 , T18
cromd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Might be a scrambler bumper ........
scrambler_rear_bumper.jpg  

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
85cj7mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromd View Post
I can't see the whole bumper but it looks like the one that came on the scrambler. The end caps are very hard to find.
oh okay hmm...... do any of you know where i could find them? i think your right about the Scrambler bumper.
85cj7mudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.