Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transmissions > Transmissions > Rockland Standard Gear/AISIN AX-15 "Terminator"

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Rockland Standard Gear/AISIN AX-15 "Terminator" Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Transmissions Next Product

Rockland Standard Gear/AISIN AX-15 "Terminator"

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,300.00
Average Price: $767.00
Manufacturer: Rockland Standard Gear/AISIN
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

TERMINATORô
The TERMINATOR Jeep XJ & TJ Trans Upgrade

Jeep transmission upgrade for 2000-04 TJ and 2000-2001 XJ.
Jeep owners now have an alternative to the New Venture 3550 5-speed manual transmission found in 2000-2001 XJ and 2000-2004 TJ Wrangler six cylinder models. The NV 3550 is infamous for the rattling sound it makes in neutral, grinding on the 1-2 shift and jumping out of gear on deceleration.

To make matters even worse, New Venture Gear is out of business, and the only replacement parts are inferior offshore components, or used salvaged parts. Rockland Standard Gear's new 5-speed upgrade appropriately called "The Terminator" is a direct bolt-in replacement with more torque capacity for extreme duty, and for Jeeps with engine modifications.

The Terminator uses the stock shifter (and 4WD shifter) in its original location. OEM replacement parts are guaranteed to be available for the next 10 years, and RSG carries a complete inventory of parts and transmissions. Best of all, upgrading to the Terminator is very affordable and ensures that you will only need to make this fix once.

Editorial Comment:
On the trail, a manual transmission has many advantages and some disadvantages. One of those disadvantages would be crawling over a series of obstacles and having the transmission slip out of gear while both hands are on the steering wheel. Any improvement in keeping gears from jumping out of sync when you take your foot of the accelerator is definite advantage.

Rated up to 385ft*lbs
28% stronger than an NV3350 based on New Venture's numbers

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

DocMicro
DocMicro's Reviews
04-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Solid Reliable Transmission. Re-buildable, parts kit available online
Cons: A lot of throw in the stick, brass gets out of sync easy. Hard to find transmission but as I said above easy to find a kit to rebuild one.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Solid Reliable Transmission. Re-build able, parts kit available online.

A lot of throw in the stick, brass gets out of sync easy. Hard to find transmission but as I said above.

dethomas07
dethomas07's Reviews
02-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: great
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: OEM not much else to say!

bfolla06
bfolla06's Reviews

01-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: stock............................................. ...........................

AlexTJ
AlexTJ's Reviews

12-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Strong, shifts great, good buy, bolts right in for AX-15 & NV3550
Cons: same gear ratios as regular AX-15
Recommended? Yes

Comments: (I had military discount, I believe they are about 1700 or so)

I decided on the terminator after my old AX-15 ate itself behind my stroker.

The increased torque capacity over even a NV3550 sold me, sure its not a NV4500 but it bolts right in. And it was not too crazy on my wallet.

I believe they used the Toyota gear set in the Jeep case that added the extra strength.

Did I mention it shifts reeeeeallly smooooth