Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transmissions > Transmissions > New Venture NV4500

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

New Venture NV4500 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Transmissions Next Product

New Venture NV4500

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $5,000.00
Average Price: $1,208.70
Manufacturer: New Venture
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0

Unbelievable. Extremely strong. Great on the highway. Provides a great crawl ratio with the 5.61 1st.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

0848YJ
0848YJ's Reviews
10-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Price: $900.00
Pros: strong, creeper gear
Cons: heavy and long, expensive fluid
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not had much of a chance to really feel out the tranny being I have been deployed.

snodevil11

snodevil11's Reviews
02-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: everything, strength, ratio, 5-speed, compatabiliy, design
Cons: heavy, big, not for everyone
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a nv4500, it came out of a dodge diesel need I say more? It's bulletproof and has a crawler ratio first gear and will bolt up to dodge, chevy or ford motors and most standard t-cases. Advanced adapters has adapters to make it work just about anywhere you need one.

rdsk8ter
rdsk8ter's Reviews
03-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Low first with 5th gear cant beat it
Cons: Heavy and big
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got my NV4500 a couple years back and it has held up great. I ran the Advanced adaptors bell and dana 300 clock ring (alsome would reccomend both). I would have to say If I didnt get wholesale costs on the NV450 I dont know that I would have justified it but for 800 worth of rebuilt tranny adaptors and no core I couldnt pass. two thumbs up for this monster

bstewart91yj
bstewart91yj's Reviews
06-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Price: $85.00
Pros: brute strength, low 1st gear, overdrive
Cons: some might consider it big and heavy but that's what you should expect for something built to go behind a cummins!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I picked 3 of these transmissions up used for $350. After selling the other two I got mine for $85. I went through the trans, upgraded the 5th gear nut, and installed a BD Diesel short throw shifter. It bolted right up to my 5.9L Magnum with a $75 bellhousing from Chrysler.

japete01

japete01's Reviews
05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Low First Gear; bullet proof
Cons: Not a close range betweeen gears, the jump to 3rd and 5th is severe
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with my jeep and love it. It has a granny low first gear (I start in 2nd even up a steep hill). I wish it had a cloer range between gears (and was a 6 speed). The clearance is also a bit of an issue, it is keeping me from doing a tummy tuck (too much floor pan modification).

texasimport
texasimport's Reviews
01-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: gannie gear and OD
Cons: makes my transfer case hang a bit lower and in a CJ5 my drive shaft is now about 11" only
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think it is the best you can do if you wish to put in a bomb proof transmission.

perndawg
perndawg's Reviews
09-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: I heard it was great, but I've yet to test it.
Cons: None as of yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This transmission came with the 5.7 Hemi and NP241 transfer case that came from a RAM 2500 4x4 with 29K miles on it. I'm still installing it.

UbelGeist
UbelGeist's Reviews

02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
New Venture NV4500
Price: $1,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: To early to rate, will see after we get it out on the trail. Everybody seems to really rate it highly though. I found it with advanced adapters kit and a dana 300 (twin shifters) together in one package. It was in the classifieds here all fresh rebuilts

Dmax5er

Dmax5er's Reviews

09-02-2008, 07:49 PM
New Venture NV4500
Price: $2,500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
this is one tough transmission.

Wallace
Wallace's Reviews

05-27-2008, 05:31 AM
New Venture NV4500
Price: $5,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent gearbox. Little bit "noiser" than stock - however, super low first gear is fantastic.
Requires small amount of "do it yourself manufacturing" however, well worth it. Hard as nails.