Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transmissions > Transmissions > Derale #20561 Remote Cooler

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Derale #20561 Remote Cooler Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Transmissions

Derale #20561 Remote Cooler

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $345.00
Average Price: $345.50
Manufacturer: Derale Performance
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 0
Company Website: http://derale.com/

Reduce automatic transmission fluid temperatures by 30-40F. Perfect for rock crawling and off-road use when airflow is limited. This direct fit kit features a thermostatically controlled fan module and frame mount bracketry. This do-it-yourself no-drill installation includes all necessary fittings, tubing, and hardware to dramatically increases transmission life.

Works on all automatic YJs and TJs (both 4 & 6 cylinder engines).

See the original review and install thread here by Jerry Bransford:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ke...ooler-1260191/

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

WhiteMtnJeep

The Punk Made My Day.....
WhiteMtnJeep's Reviews
08-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Price: $346.00
Pros: Does a good job cooling the trans fluid.
Cons: Supply hose could've been about 6" longer. Routing over axle could be improved.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Does a good job of cooling transmission fluid for longer life. Install was super easy. Supply line would be better if it was about 6" longer. That would give a little flexability running tye lines over the front axle/passed upper control arms.

grogie

M-F: Cell Block #4533
grogie's Reviews

04-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Price: $345.00
Pros: Can certainly feel heat off of it... so it's doing it's job. Should help my 42RLE live longer!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: In setting up my TJ to pull a small trailer for camping gear, and as well for long trips to Colorado each July, I took Jerry Bransford's advice to install the Derale transmission cooler on my 2006 TJ. Although Jerry has an excellent review and writeup of his install, I chose to have a local shop do my install for me.

The cooler sits right behind the transfer case. Here are some pictures after the install:

UPDATE: After a recent camping/Jeepin' trip to Colorado, this cooler rocks. It was bloody hot driving out there with a loaded Jeep. Driving through Nebraska, the road temp was 107 degrees and each time I stopped, I heard the fan running. I also heard it running off and on as I was climbing Jeep trail passes. Sounds like it was doing it's job!

Here are more pictures...

Connector in the cooler on the right side of the above picture (towards TC).

I'm glad I looked at this left side connection. I ran a bunch of rough trails over a week. The sensor wires had some transmission fluid on them. It's not dripping, and fluid level was okay, but it's damp. It was not so before the trip...

Looking towards the front of the Jeep. The lines run along the frame.

Lines continue forward...

Where the lines connect to the transmission and radiator.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.